Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Master Bedroom Inspiration


Hey guys! I'm back! It's been a busy couple of weeks for us - moving, getting ready for Little BK, and just general life business. I'm excited to share more of our new place with you guys and eventually I will, but today I wanted to show you my inspiration for our master bedroom. 

Oh, by the way, I'm in MAJOR nesting mode right now. Like, everything must be finished and in its place before she comes, nesting. It's partly new house nesting too, but mostly I just want to have as much done as I can before she gets here because I know once she is here I won't have a lot of time for anything else!

If you remember our old house, our master bedroom was green, but now that we have our West Elm gray and white striped duvet, I wanted to change it up a bit. Luckily, that is an easy thing to do with accessories! 

1. Coral Shell Print Curtains - I loved these curtains for a while and would stalk them every time I went to Target until I finally broke down and got them! I can't wait to put them up.

2. Gray Tufted Headboard - This one from Wayfair is fabulous (and my friend, Kim, actually just bought it for her new place in NC!). But, we do already have our cream colored tufted headboard, and my plan is to recreate the Wayfair one but using this tutorial from Sarah M Dorsey Designs blog (she's a DIY genius!). We even have some leftover fabric from our chair upholstery project!

3. Coral Lamp - I love the shape of this lamp from Lamps Plus. The shade of coral is perfect. We do have some old black IKEA table lamps from years ago though, and I'm thinking I might try and do a little coral spray paint magic to update the bases and save some dough.

4. Fun Coral Patterned Pillows - These geometric pillows would be great for accents on the bed. Thinking I might make pillow covers for some of my existing pillows though. We all know I love making pillows. :) 

5. White Hemnes IKEA Nightstand - You can't go wrong with a simple IKEA nightstand. The good news is that we already own a pair of these. The bad news is that they are in black. I'm thinking it will be a quick fix to paint them white...

6. Map Art - I have quite a few old maps that I might use for the walls.

7. DIY Yarn Letters - These are staying in there. I love them. 

8. Let's Get Lost Art - Love this print. Just love it.

9. Love is Spoken Here Art - Also love this one. The colors are perfect and it's just so pretty.

10. West Elm Gray and White Striped Duvet - I got this set for Christmas and so far I love it. I can't wait to add to the room to make it all come together!

11. Argonne Rug - The pattern on this rug and the color is amazing.

12. Fresh Flowers - You can't go wrong with a little pop of freshness!

13. West Elm Striped Sheet Set - Love these sheets. I like how the small stripes match yet contrast the striped duvet cover.

14. Light Gray Wall Paint - Zach actually painted the bedroom today in Martha Stewart's Heavy Goose!

Paint is on, so next step is putting it all together! Can't wait to share when it's done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...