Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A Dresser for the Nursery - Progress

I bought a dresser for the nursery about a month ago for $100 on Craigslist. I'd been looking for a while to find the perfect one, something similar to this one, this one or especially this one. I knew I wanted a long dresser with plenty of storage (for all those cute little socks and onesies!) and some kind of interesting detail. I found just that with this beauty. 

She's solid wood, dovetailed and in pretty darn good condition. I love the detail along the top and the bottom and the inlaid wood. Along the bottom, there is even a little bit of brass detailing. 

I'm a little on the fence about the hardware. They are swinging pulls and I'm afraid they might be a little noisy? I'm definitely not into the round ones in the middle, but I think I might stick with the long handled pulls. They just need some gussying up. We will see. 



The top had some scratches, but nothing a little sanding couldn't cure.

On Memorial Day I got to work and started sanding. And then priming. After taking off the hardware, it took me a good 4 hours to get the whole thing sanded and primed (with a few necessary prego breaks in between). 


Next step is paint! I decided on a coral color called Youthful Coral from Behr and I'm ready to go. Can't wait to get the first coat on!

Have you been painting any furniture lately? Dressers? Nightstands? What colors? Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...