Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

DIY: Tree Leftovers


We don't usually have this problem. Usually we buy a tree that is an appropriate size for our apartment or house. This season, we ended up buying a tree that was a little too big for our little house. I don't have a before picture, but we trimmed down the bottom portion so now it looks like this:

and the aftermath of what we cut off looked like this:

It was actually Zach's idea that we use the leftovers to make something festive. I think I'm rubbing off on him. :) And so it became my mission to make something festive. I landed on a centerpiece for our dining table.

1. I trimmed off smaller branches, so they were easier to weave together.

2. I got out my candles and lantern and started weaving. One piece at a time, I placed the chopped end of the branch under the three-branch end of another branch and they kind of attached to each other because of the needles. Keep weaving all the way around the candle until it is complete! It's that easy.


Plus it smells amazing. I don't think I could ever give up having a real tree for a fake tree. They smell too good to pass up. 

The arrangement looks great all lit up. So festive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...