Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, July 9, 2012

Gettin' Quirky at Target

It's pronounced tar-get. You knew that right? On my weekly (yes, weekly) trip to Target last week I happened to come across some unique finds in the home section. Apparently Target is trying to jump on the hipster train too with all sort of quirky knickknacks. I was kind of loving it and probably spent a good twenty minutes checking out every little thing they had. For instance, who doesn't need a Buddha Butter dish?

Or a Solar Queen (there's a solar panel on her purse that makes her wave!)

What about a gorilla piggy bank? Is it weird to anyone else that it's still called a "piggy" bank even when it's another animal?
For those of you that don't know me that well, I have a small collection of Salt + Pepper shakers (some from my grandmother that she used to collect too). So naturally, I was all over these salt + pepper shakers. Salt & Pants. It says: The most fun you can have with your pants on. Yep. 

Salt + Magic. These were particularly awesome. 

Then there's the classic Chihuahua with hipster glasses.

Welcome to the mustache section. 


I liked this little guy. He just wants a cookie.

Can't forget the irony.

And my personal favorite, the ninja-bread-men cookie cutters. I totally should have snagged these up, but there were around $10 and I was being a cheap-o. Aren't these sweet though? 

They had a ton of other stuff too. It was pretty entertaining. I didn't end up getting anything since there was nothing that I couldn't live without, even though I am still thinking about those cookie cutters (they're cut out for action!) 

Do you ever find anything unexpected and quirky at your favorite stores? It was a nice little surprise for me! Oh, and if you need even more quirkiness, check out the Queen of Quirky, Zooey Deschanel on SNL

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...