Upholstery Resources


You're probably tired of hearing about upholstery right now. :) But one of my goals with this blog is to create a place that has lots and lots of resources, not only for myself but for you too. I guess I could have just made a separate pin board for Upholstery, but instead I'll just list the resources I used here.

Below are the blogs I referenced when going through the re-upholstery process. They helped me figure out where to start, what to consider, and gave me lots of good tips along the way. I hope these help you if you ever decide to tackle an upholstery project!

From All Things Thrifty
Top Ten Upholstery Tips
Reupholstering 101, How to Reupholster a Chair
How Much Fabric Do You Need For Reupholstering?

From Eeny Meeny & Moe
How to Reupholster a Wingback Chair: Part 1 (Picture Tutorial)
How to Reupholster a Wingback Chair: Part 2 (Picture Tutorial)

From Little Green Notebook
Reupholstering a Chair, Part 1: Stripping
How to Reupholster a Chair Part 2: Painting the Frame
How to Reupholster a Chair Part 3: Stapling
How to Reupholster a Chair Part 4: Double-Cord Welting
How to Reupholster a Chair Part 5: Sewing the Cushion
Upholstery Charts 
If you're scared of DIY upholstery...

From Sew, Mama, Sew!
How to Sew Piping

From Running with Scissors
Utah State Legislator Chairs {Part 1} 
Reupholster with me! (Supplies) 
State Legislator Chairs {Part 2} 
State Legislator Chairs {Part 3}

From Three Boys
Anthropologie Inspired Upholstered Chair (This one actually has the same fabric I used, just in different colors!)

I hope these help. They certainly helped me get my wing back lady looking spectacular! Also, if you have any upholstery questions, let me know - I'd love to help if I can. I'm certainly not an expert, but I love a good challenge!

Labels: ,