Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Lighten Up

Let me preface this by saying I'm not a big girly girl. I don't usually like spending money on getting myself pampered, but... one of my birthday presents from my lovely sister in law, Bethany, was a facial at her new salon - Clara Biella Spa Salon (here's the address). We ended up making a whole day out of it - facial, highlights, and gel nails! I got spampered as Bethy called it. :)  

I had never gotten a facial before so I was a little nervous, but I was in good hands with Ruth. She made the whole facial experience amazing! The spa has a nice locker room with a steam room and lounge. I had a foot bath while I waited for my facial. I had no idea that for a facial, it's basically like a massage with the massage table and all. So relaxing! Ruth did a great job letting me know what lotions and ointments she was applying. Some stung a bit, some were soothing. The only part that really hurt was the extraction part. Ouch! Afterwards I felt totally rejuvenated and my skin felt amazing! So smooth and healthy. 

OK, the next part is kind of big deal for me. I got gel nails! For those of you who don't know me as well, I was (was!) a chronic nail bitter. I started sucking my thumb when I was a baby and I think about first grade I switched to biting my nails and didn't stop until this spring. Kind of crazy. 

Actually, there were two times when I did grow out my nails, but it didn't last long. When I was twelve, my dad said I could get my ears pierced if I grew out my nails. Done! That lasted about a week after I got my ears pierced and then one of them broke and that was the end of that. The second time was before we got married, but again short-lived. Now... it's for good! I never want to chew my nails again. I love having them long. I'm never ever going back! 

The gel nails are great too. They make my nails so hard and strong, much more so than a regular manicure. And they are supposed to last up to three weeks with no chipping! I haven't even wanted to bite them and have had so much fun keeping them painted and pretty. It's like a whole new world for me! I'm a little addicted to getting manicures too... not good for the spending diet. :) 


Next on the spa day agenda - highlights! It's been almost two whole years since I added any color to my hair. When we moved to Arizona, I didn't want to have to find a new stylist (I love Bethany too much!) and to save money, I just let my hair grow out. So I got some blonde and caramel highlights for spring & summer. I love how it turned out (Bethy is a color genius!). Also I think I might need to get one of these. It's a curling wand that makes the wavy hair that I have always wanted. You have to wear a glove and everything, but just wrap your hair around with your gloved hand instead of curling it between the hot iron. What do you think?


What about you? Do you like getting pampered (honestly, who doesn't? I just don't like spending the money...)? What's your favorite way to pamper yourself? Massage? Facial? Highlights? Nails? I'll take one of everything, please!

Oh! And of course I have to plug my sister in law, Bethany! She is an amazing colorist and stylist. I basically trust her to do anything with my hair and it always turns out amazing. I would highly recommend her for anyone in the Tacoma area (or who is willing to make the trek down there like me!). Let me know if you need more details!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...