Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

$1 Art


Keeping with the theme of the dollar section at Michael's this week, I wanted to share a quick art project I did a while back. I found this brass gem after a little digging in the dollar section. It was mixed in with a jumble of different letters and I prayed that they had one of our letters - K (Kane), M (Megan), Z (Zachary), B (Buster). Jackpot! We got ourselves a K (Go Team Kane!). 

I'm not sure what the purpose of the little guy actually is (maybe a metal luggage tag? or to spell out your name on the outside of your house?), but I wanted to frame it and put it up somewhere. All it needed was a little color. Cue my trusty collection of scrapbook paper. I loved the pattern of the dark blue and jade paper (can you tell those are my favorite colors right now?:), but it was a little too busy behind the brass letter. So, I settled on just the solid jade to go with my IKEA frame. I love the way it turned out. 



Simple and interesting. I love it when you can find inexpensive and unique ways to create beautiful things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...