Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, January 6, 2012

Fudge

Over the holidays I did a bit of baking, but it was most of the good old favorites like sugar cookiescrinkle cookies, and spritz cookies (gluten free!). I did make some fudge though. It's my bro's favorite holiday treat, so I had wanted to make some for him. Who am I kidding, it's one of my favorites too (and so addicting)! 

I've had trouble in the past when making fudge. It gets stuck in the dish and then it becomes really hard to cut pieces out and then Megan gets mad because all she wants is a little piece of chocolate-y goodness. Yes, apparently I sometimes talk about myself in the third person. Sooooo... when I was at IKEA back in November sometime I picked up a variety pack of cupcake liners in their cute Scandinavian prints (I loved all their Christmas stuff this year and went a little crazy!). The liners came in three sizes and I thought the mini-cupcake size was perfect for little bite-size balls of fudge. No sticking to the dish and no trouble cutting a piece here!

Anyways, short story long, here's my Fudge recipe:

// No baking required! //

Ingredients
3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup butter

1. Heat all ingredients in a pan on the stove until completely melted (you can also heat it up in the microwave).
2. Pour into an 8 x 8 glass pan and refrigerate until hardened (I think if you put some tin foil down before you pour in the fudge batter it will be easier to get out of the pan too). 
3. OR, if you want you can use a cookie scoop and put the fudge batter in little cupcake liners for the perfect bite-size fudge balls like I did!

They were delicious! What kind of holiday or New Year's treats did you make this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...