Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Crepe Addicts


After being in Paris for 5 days, we became addicted to crepes. Ah-ddicted. Paris definitely had the best food out of the three places we went to. Every morning I would have a Pain au Chocolat (Chocolate Croissant), every afternoon we'd get Nutella crepes, and most nights we'd get gelato. (I might have gained 10 pounds on the trip... but I'm pretty sure all the walking cancelled it out - at least that's what I tell myself).

Anyways... We've made crepes many a time since we've been back. Breakfast crepes. Dessert crepes. Next up - Dinner crepes. They are sooooo flipping tasty. Mmmmmhmmmm.

At first, we thought we would have to buy a special crepe-making machine, but then I found this recipe from a blog I love called Vanilla & Lace (which is also where I found this little tutorial).

The recipe makes about 10 crepes, so if it's just the two of us, we usually make a half batch (turns out to be about two each because I usually biff up the first one).

Ingredients
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/3 cup water
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons butter, melted

Fillings/toppings
mushroom/cheese (mozzarella)/onion/sausage
strawberries
nutella (my favorite!)
nutella and banana
(the possibilities are endless!)


*Blend all ingredients. I just used the kitchen aid and mixed it real well

*Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour (we usually skip this step... too impatient) :)
*Heat a non-stick pan on medium-high. Smear a little butter over the surface of the pan
*Lift the pan from the stove and pour in 1/4 cup of batter (or 1/3 cup if you want a big one!)
*Rotate the pan until the batter spreads in to a thin layer
*Cook until lightly brown on the edges and almost dry on top

*Flip over and cook until lightly brown
*Repeat, coating the pan with butter each time

My first attempt was not very good...

But then I got the hang of it.




I hope you like them as much as we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...