Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Spritz Cookies


A couple weeks ago I whipped up these bad boys. I had forgotten (sorry, Bethy!) that I got this amazing Martha Stewart Cookie Press for Christmas from my even more amazing sister-in-law, Bethany. I spotted it in the cupboard and knew what my next batch of cookies would be!


I myself am a big fan of Spritz Cookies. My mother-in-law makes them every year at Christmas and they are literally gone in seconds. They are so small and easy to gobble up. Yum!

This was my first time making them, so here's my recipe for Spritz Cookies (from the good old Better Homes & Garden cookbook):


// 375 degrees // 8 minutes // makes 84 cookies //

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 1/2 cups flour


Beat butter on med-high for 30 seconds.
Add sugar and baking powder.
Beat in egg and vanilla.
Beat in flour as much as you can.
(sorry no pics... it went pretty fast. and... I forgot.) :)
Don't chill the dough.


Once the dough is done, you can put together your handy dandy cookie press. 
I have to admit, I am in no way shape or form a master of the cookie press. To be frank, I kind of sucked at it. But, I did get the job done. Maybe there's some kind of secret I'm missing? I basically just shoved the dough in there and then shot it like a gun. Kinda fun and so many choices!



It took me a while to get the hang of it, but I think they turned out pretty good!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...