Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Pecan Bars

Over Christmas, my parents, brother, grandparents, and Zach's parents came down to visit. Luckily, my parents have a house down here in Goodyear, so it's not too far and everyone has a place to stay. This year, I took on the task of making every one's favorite type of cookies while they were here. The breakdown went a little like this...

Daddio - Sugar Cookies
Mom - Molasses Cookies
Dude - Fudge
Zach - Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Grandma - Mincemeat Cookies (and I learned what mincemeat is!)
Grandpa - Chocolate Cake (it was his 90th birthday)
Renee and Schmevin - Pecan Bars

Let's just say, no one was without something sweet to munch on! I managed to make everything within two weeks, except for the Pecan Bars. So, when Renee and Schmevin came for a visit last week, I made it top priority to make them their favorite Pecan Bars.

Here's my recipe for Pecan Bars (found here):


Ingredients
2 cups flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup butter
5 eggs
1 cup dark corn syrup
3/4 cup white sugar
a pinch of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine flour and brown sugar.
Cut in butter until mixture resembles course crumbs.
The original recipe called for 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup margarine, but we didn't have margarine, so I just used 1 cup butter (Actually, it looks like from the pic below I only used 1/2 cup butter - but they still turned out!). 
Press into 9x13 pan and bake for 10 minutes.
Combine remaining ingredients, except for pecans, blend well.
Stir in pecans and pour over baked crust.
I poured some pecans on top for some decorative flava.
Reduce oven to 275 degrees.
Bake 50 minutes or until set. Cool, then cut into bars.
The bars were a huge hit! I think the whole pan was gone in two days!

Psst... Check out some of my past baking adventures here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...