Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Thankful & Praying

I am very thankful today. Thankful for the little things. Thankful for a roof over my head, thankful for food in the fridge, thankful for my warm cozy bed. Many people don't have these bare necessities right now. No house to come home to, no fresh water to quench their thirst. It's times like these that make you reflect and realize how lucky you really are.

Growing up on an island, I used to have nightmares about tsunamis. I had at least three specific recurring dreams that I can still remember to this day. It was frightening and scary and thankfully, only in my dreams. I cannot begin to imagine what the people of Japan are going through these past several days. A reality for them, their lives changed forever. No notice, just devastation.

It's easy to get wrapped up in your own problems. For instance, I had a pretty crummy day at work yesterday. I was tired, stressed, and everyone wanted everything right now. Blah, blah, blah. (Shall I complain some more?) I gained perspective pretty quick when I realized my problems were nothing compared to what others are dealing with right now.

This is also a good reminder for me of what I'm trying to get towards in my life. Living it to the fullest. You never know what is coming. An earthquake. A tsunami. Life can change in an instant. I just want to make the most of it, focus on being present in each moment, and try not to get bogged down by waiting for the next exciting thing to happen. I want to live now.

My prayers are with Japan. I pray that their nation will come together, get through this extremely difficult time and make it through stronger. I pray that someday soon they too, will be able to enjoy the little things again.

Find information on how to help here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...