Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, March 4, 2011

GO GONZAGA! G-O-N-Z-A-G-A!

It's march madness, baby! I'm a huge Zags fan (my alma mater) and this is one of the most exciting times of the year for sports. It also helps keep busy season interesting during the long hours at the office (good thing we have a TV in the break room to watch the games). If only it wasn't busy season and I didn't have to work Saturdays, I would be on my way to Vegas to watch the WCC Tourney this weekend. I do have to admit, I haven't been the best fan this season. Especially since we are down here in Arizona, it has been a lot harder to watch the games since they aren't usually on TV.

Back in the day, the good 'ol college days, I can remember waiting in line for up to 10-12 hours just to get tickets to the home games. We would literally camp out in the gym all day, bring our books and laptops to study and the Kennel Club would provide pizza for all the loyal followers. It was definitely worth it.

Going to the basketball games is one of my fondest college memories. The energy and excitement surrounding every game is amazing. I can remember one game in particular, I think it was against St. Mary's, where we were behind by like 15 or so and the crowd pulled together and we were literally cheering our hearts out, willing our boys to win the game with every cheer, chant and scream. We ended up coming from behind and winning the game and it was amazing. That kind of heart is what sets Gonzaga apart from the rest and makes the Gonzaga community so special. We're like one big happy family.

This weekend is go time. I'll be rooting on my Zags as we win the WCC Championship. Then it's on to the big dance! GO GONZAGA! G-O-N-Z-A-G-A!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...