Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Busy Bear

These are Buster's Busy Bears.


Now before you get all "yeah, those are some crazy dog people," hear me out. The mister and I don't take anything too seriously. We love to laugh and make fun of silly things, especially funny movies. Since we got Buster Boy some things have just gotten a little bit funnier. For instance, the movie Best in Show. Before we got Buster, it was just another comical Christopher Guest movie. After Buster, it's HI-larious. For those of you that haven't seen it, it's a documentary style satire about dog shows and the quirky people that show their dogs.

One of our favorite parts is when the couple with the greyhound gets all in a tizzy over the missing dog toy they call the "Busy Bee." I love that whole storyline. It's so ridiculous and awesome at the same time.


Now back to the Busy Bears. One of the first toys I bought Buster was this green bear for 99 cents I found at Target. As you can see, Busy Bear's gotten lots of lovin'.


I started calling the little green life saver "Busy Bear" as a joke because I thought it was funny. It just kind of stuck from there. Call us dorks, but we still think it's funny. And Buster loves his Busy Bear. To this day, it's still the only toy name he recognizes when we call it out. Whenever we say "Busy Bear" or "Where's your Busy Bear?" he cocks his head to the side and immediately starts looking around the room for it.

It has definitely been the best investment I've ever made - it's by far his favorite toy (maybe even more than Foxy Lady?). I bought it because I desperately needed something for him to chomp on that was durable and that we could throw around for him to fetch up. It was the perfect toy. Indestructible. It wore Buster out and I loved it.

That was until Buster figured out how he could chew off Busy Bear's ear. It was a sad day. The only toy that was able to keep Buster's interest for more than one minute was ruined. Thank goodness I had thought ahead anticipating that this day would come (surprisingly, it came later than I thought) and bought two more Busy Bears in different colors to keep it interesting. Meet Busy Bear Two.


You might notice his ear's already torn off. That happened within one week after we introduced Busy Bear Two. One week! After over 6 months of hard core playing with Busy Bear One, Buster had apparently figured it out. No one was surprised. He's a very fast learner when he wants to be. Meet Busy Bear Three.

Yup, that's right. Busy Bear Three lasted a whole ten minutes. Ten minutes! I guess we finally learned our lesson about leaving Buster alone and unattended with the Busy Bear. Poor, poor Busy Bear Three. We still use him, minus the ear, and thankfully Buster still eagerly fetches. I must say that I do love me some Busy Bear!

1 comment:

  1. Pine nuts...waaaalnuts...hazelnuts...now peanuts, that's a tricky one, 'cause they're not a nut, they're a legume.

    One of the best movies EVER

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...