Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Let's Get Physical

Sue Sylvester style.

One of the things I bought this month with my $100 allowance was two workouts DVDs. I know, I'm thinking the same thing... do those really work? I've only bought one other workout DVD in my entire life and it was a yoga video that I used a few times, but it didn't do much for me.

Before we got rid of our cable, I tried to find a good workout video On Demand. I ended up trying Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown and loved it. It got my heart rate up while still doing the yoga sun salutations that I liked. Last week I bought Yoga Meltdown and 30-Day Shred by Jillian Michaels on DVD (find them here and here). Amazon always has super fast shipping (it got to me within one day) and great deals (it cost me $17 for both DVDs). 

Why are there two cans of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom next to my new workout DVDs, you ask? Well, let's just say we either didn't pack my eight pound dumbbells in the move, or they are buried so deep we will never find them. Being on the spending diet, I'm not about to go out and buy a brand spanking new pair of dumbbells, so I improvised. Soup for strength! 

I tried out the 30-Day Shred for the first time last night and it kicked my butt. (And I kind of liked it). I decided to try it out for 30 days and see what kind of results I'll get. After all, it's only 20 minutes a day for 30 days. I can do that! I'm almost done with the spending diet (8 more days!) and I seem to do well with short term, timed goals. Plus, my one word for the year is discipline (find more on that here), so this will be a great way to keep the discipline train rolling.

I'll keep you updated on my progress for the next 30 days, but for now I'll leave you with a little downward facing dog...

Isn't he the cutest? Ok here's one more... look at those puppy dog eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...