Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, February 28, 2011

Gingersnaps

Like I said here, I want to try new things with baking. I want to try new recipes, new flavors, and new ideas. I let the husband pick the cookie this week and he came up with Gingersnaps. I've never made Gingersnaps before, but I love a good challenge.

Here's my adapted recipe for Soft Gingersnap Cookies:

Ingredients
3/4 cups softened butter
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup molasses
2 1/4 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cream butter and sugar. Add egg.
Beat in molasses.
Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
(I always like to add a little extra cinnamon.)
Add to cream mixture.
Refrigerate for one hour.

Roll into one inch balls. 
Roll in sugar (I forgot this step... oops!)
Bake about 9-10 minutes or until lightly brown.
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...